Mr. Greely has handled a wide range of high-stakes commercial litigation and catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases in both state and federal court in multiple jurisdictions, including Colorado, Texas, Wyoming, Nevada, Illinois, Indiana and Delaware. Mr. Greely has litigated cases in the areas of breach of contract and various business torts, large-scale construction defect, insurance bad faith, fire and explosions, products liability, 1983 civil rights, civil RICO, premises liability and copyright and trademark infringement. He excels in cases involving complicated science, medical causation and legal issues. Mr. Greely also has extensive appellate experience.
In addition to his litigation experience, Mr. Greely has significant transactional experience including performing commercial real estate closings, drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts, as well as filing applications for trademark and copyright registration.
Prior to joining Godfrey Johnson, P.C., Mr. Greely was a partner at an AV-rated downtown Chicago litigation law firm, where he handled a caseload of large loss, wrongful death and commercial litigation cases, with supervision and management over multiple attorneys.
Mr. Greely’s significant accomplishments include:
- Obtained summary judgment on multiple policy-limit demand catastrophic injury cases and an environmental contamination case seeking in excess of $1.75 million in property damage and injunctive relief.
- Received multiple defense verdicts in binding arbitrations in high-value premises liability cases.
- Negotiated and closed a multi-million-dollar commercial transaction involving the transfer of stock in two manufacturing companies and multiple parcels of real estate, which was the culmination of litigation in both the Delaware and Illinois Chancery courts.
- Obtained favorable settlement resolutions in two construction defect cases for municipal entity that operated U.S. Cellular Field (now Guaranteed Rate Field).
- Served on trial team that obtained $1.2 million binding arbitration award for client regarding industrial cleaning project.
- Juris Doctor, 2007, University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts, 2004, University of Michigan
- Texas (pending)
- Northern District of Illinois
- Northern District of Indiana
- District of Colorado
- Western District of Texas
- Muscogee (Creek) Nation
Memberships & Professional Affiliations:
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
Honors & Awards:
- Leading Lawyers Emerging Lawyer (Top 2% of lawyers in Illinois under 40 years old) 2015–2018
Honors & Awards:
Hobbies and Interests: Mr. Greely is a fitness buff who enjoys weight lifting, yoga, snowboarding, hiking, and running. Mr. Greely loves to spend his free time traveling, watching movies and enjoying the outdoors with his wife, Sonia, a holistic health practitioner who keeps him healthy and fit.