Business & Personal Injury Litigation
- 20 years of experience
- Extensive jury trial background
- Mass tort medical device experience
James Johnson’s practice focuses on commercial litigation, product liability, insurance litigation and personal injury, as well as appellate work. He has extensive experience in litigating personal injury and corporate disputes.
Mr. Johnson has litigated multi-jurisdictional and mass tort claims, and has experience in commercial contract litigation, commercial and residential construction defects. Mr. Johnson also has extensive experience in complex insurance coverage analysis, as well as bad faith and Colorado Consumer Protection Act claims.
He has practiced extensively in and has significant trial experience in Colorado State and Federal Courts, and is licensed in California.
Mr. Johnson’s recent experience includes:
- Obtained complete defense verdict from jury in complex brain injury trial involving golf cart accident (read more)
- Defense verdict in commercial dispute in jury trial involving allegations of interference with restaurant lease (Plaintiffs seeking more than $1 million in damages)
- Defense verdicts in trials in El Paso and Denver District Court, in high-value personal injury cases
- Successful resolution of three construction defect cases, involving top-15 national homebuilder and regional contractors
- Favorable resolution of catastrophic-injury cases in Wyoming and Colorado, for national oil company client and international transportation company
- Establishment of new entity and transfer of corporate assets of international publishing company
Resolution of product defect litigation involving national appliance manufacturer
Mass tort litigation experience: Mr. Johnson has substantial experience in the defense of national-scale medical device product liability actions. In that regard, he has defended claims against medical device manufacturers, medical device suppliers and physicians. He has also given seminars and lectures on these subjects.
Juris Doctor, 1995, Golden Gate University, San Francisco, California
Bachelor of Arts, Communication, 1990, University of Colorado, Boulder, Colorado
- Colorado state courts
- U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
- California state courts
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- U.S. Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
Memberships & Professional Affiliations:
- American, Colorado, California and Douglas County Bar Associations
- Defense Research Institute
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association
- Castle Pines North Home Owners Association