- Product liability
- Air crash litigation
- Explosions & fires
- Intellectual property litigation
Ms. Porter has experience with a wide variety of litigation matters, including labor and employment, ERISA, employee benefits, breach of contract, debtor/creditor, real estate and water law disputes and attorney malpractice.
Recent trial experience:
- Ms. Porter was on the trial team that won a patent infringement case tried to a ten-person jury in the United States District Court for the District of Colorado.
- Ms. Porter was on the trial team that won a complex air crash case in Colorado, involving 5 fatalities and a myriad of complex legal issues and a large number of exhibits. She was responsible for all aspects of exhibit management, briefing and jury instruction issues, as well as tracking all appellate issues and the development of the defense theme at trial. She also managed all witness preparation prior to trial.
Other recent experience: Ms. Porter recently prevailed in a complex summary judgment motion before the Clark County, Eighth Judicial District Court of Nevada, on behalf of a large financial institution, putting to rest a legal matter that had been pending with little purpose for over four years.
- Juris Doctor, 2013, J. Reuben Clark School of Law (Brigham Young University)
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology, 2010, Brigham Young University
- State and federal courts:
Memberships & Professional Affiliations:
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Central Utah Bar Association
- Utah Young Lawyers Division
- Women Lawyers of Utah
- Nevada Bar Association
In her spare time, Ms. Porter loves to travel, not only for pleasure but to gain a greater appreciation of languages and cultures. She spent several months serving at an orphanage in central Mexico and another several months engaged in a will-writing project in conjunction with an aids clinic in Uganda, Africa. Most recently, during a brief sabbatical from her legal practice, Ms. Porter and her husband traveled through eight countries, including several in central America and southeast Asia.