Complex Commercial Litigation
- Commercial insurance coverage litigation
- Product liability actions
- Real estate litigation
- Premises liability claims
- Federal appeals
Anne Zellner is a skilled litigator with experience throughout the United States. She focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, product liability and large-scale insurance coverage disputes. She was awarded for her trial abilities by the Jury Verdict Reporter in 2011, receiving the prestigious Trial Excellence Award.
Legal Experience: Ms. Zellner has diverse jury trial experience including complex commercial claims, civil rights, and medical malpractice. She has extensive courtroom experience and has been involved in multiple high-profile cases around the country.
Ms. Zellner has also participated in bench trials including one involving residential mortgage-backed securities (RMBS). Ms. Zellner has represented clients in every phase of litigation, from initial corporate investigations through appellate resolution. She is equally at home litigating multi-billion dollar structured finance cases as she is defending and prosecuting personal injury cases.
Unique highlights: Ms. Zellner’s broad experience includes the following specialized litigation:
- Third-chair trial attorney for the team that obtained a $15.5 million verdict for a man who was falsely arrested for the murder of his daughter
- Member of the litigation team that achieved a $491 million verdict against PNC Bank and another entity involving a Ponzi-like scheme involving pre-need funeral contracts
- Member of the team that argued against the $8.5 billion settlement between Bank of America and holders of Countrywide RMBS
She has represented large financial institutions, hedge funds and guaranty associations. Further, Ms. Zellner has experience in litigating multiple complex tort claims, including defamation, malicious prosecution and other personal injury cases.
Appellate Experience: Ms. Zellner has served as appellate counsel in a number of cases, including a highly complex civil rights case and multiple criminal matters.
Community Involvement: In addition to her active involvement in the Denver legal community, Ms. Zellner is very involved in the Junior League of Denver, which is a women’s training organization that develops civil leaders dedicated to improving the community. She currently serves as co-chair of its Membership Services Committee and sits on the Membership Council.
Admitted to practice in:
- State and federal court in Colorado and Illinois
- U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals for the 7th Circuit
- Juris Doctor, 2006, Northwestern University School of Law
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, 2002, Wheaton College, Illinois
Memberships & Professional Affiliations
- William E. Doyle Inn of Court
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association – Judicial Committee
- Alliance for Choice in Education (ACE) – Associate Board of Directors
- Junior League of Denver (Co-Chair of Membership Services)
- Denver Bar Association – 15 by 15 Task Force
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association – Litigation Section
Honors & Awards
- Jury Verdict Reporter Trial Lawyer Excellence Award 2011.
- Member: Lawyers of Distinction